Dancing About Contour: 2015 Entertainment Guide
We are heading into the home stretch and we couldn’t be more excited. This is the start of a yearly tradition bringing new and vibrant music and art offerings to Wyoming while celebrating the amazing culture found in the mountain hideaway called Jackson. If you’re visiting this amazing location of ours for the first time, click here for the Travel Guide and get on the road to Contour. For locals and visitors alike, click here for the activities guide and learn more about mountain bike demos, wild life tours, and other adventures during Contour15.
For those that just can’t wait to shake it to some of the best music in the country, read on weekend warriors! It’s about to go down in The Hole.
Main Stage events kick off at 11:00am at Snow King Ballfield with Late-Night events flowing into downtown Jackson Hole from 10pm-2pm for those that are 21+. The ticket types for Contour can be a little confusing, we know. Why? Because we wanted to offer you a lot of options. We like options.
We have a single Main Stage, but we also have multiple late night after parties each night, offering a variety of music and performance and all at venues with different capacities. It’s a bit more complicated, but here’s the scoop:
What Ticket is Best for Me?
– Main Stage Weekend Pass: If you want to come check out at least 2 days of the daytime acts, buy this pass.
– All Night Long (Full Festival Pass): If you want to check out at least 2 days of daytime acts, and any of the late night parties, buy this pass. You are guaranteed entry into the late nights as long as there is capacity at the venue. We are not over selling these passes specifically so that there should be room, just head to shows you want to see a little early or right when Main Stage ends.
This is the best deal if you want to see the most shows and have options.
– All Night Long upgrade: If you bought a Mains Stage weekend pass and then decided you want to see at least 2 late night shows, buy this.
– Single day Main Stage: If you can only get away for one of the days, buy one of these. You can check the lineup on the CMF website and listen to all the different acts.
– Single late night shows: If you can only get away for 1 late night show, and/or you work nights so you can’t get to the shows until later. These are limited in numbers as we need to leave room for All Night Long and Peak pass holders. If there is capacity at these shows we may sell some additional tickets at the door if there is capacity.
– Peak/VIP pass: You want guaranteed entry into all shows as well as Main Stage and late night amenities. Yes, it’s expensive, but it’s also freaking awesome.
Regardless of which ticket you hold, Contour is hosting a series of free events thanks to some amazing sponsors. Take the kids to the Art Garden at the Center for the Arts every day or stop in the Silver Dollar Bar from 7:30 to 11:00pm for cover-free music all weekend long! Click here for the full schedule.
Music on the Menu
Contour is all about discovery – both on and off the stage. The line-up is carefully curated to present some of the world’s greatest talent including Thievery Corporation, Charles Bradley, Deltron 3030, and The Polish Ambassador, as well as some lesser-known artists that make up for their lack of name recognition by bringing it strong on the quality front. Check out this mix by Paranome for a sample of the music on the menu, or click here to explore the full line-up and get your schedules mapped out for the weekend.
Thursday’s Opening Night Celebration
Contour Music Festival kicks off with the opening of the Art Garden at the Center for the Arts from 3-6pm, followed by an Art Walk with multiple participating galleries including the National Museum for Wildlife Art, Asymbol and more from 6-9pm. From 9pm – 2am, cap off your night with showcase performances by local Wyoming musicians at Town Square Tavern, Pinky G’s, The Rose, and the Silver Dollar Bar.
Need a ride? The Limo Lounge will start up with FREE shuttles from Town Square to the National Museum for Wildlife Art and back from 6-9pm on Thurs, and the Jackson Hole START Bus will be running a free route Fri-Sun especially for Contour. Click here for the full music schedule and stay tuned for the Art Guide later next week.
Event Hours (Fri to Sun)
- Gates open every day at 11:00am
- Music begins Friday & Saturday at 12pm at the Main Stage
- Music begins Sunday at 11:30am at the Main Stage
- Late Night venues: 10pm-2am*
- The Silver Dollar Bar: 7:30pm-11pm (No cover all weekend!)
- Art Garden at Center for the Arts is open every day 10am-9pm (Free all weekend)
*Note Quixotic at Center For the Arts begins at 9pm!
Friday Night Onesie Party
Celebrate The Polish Ambassador’s set by busting out your favorite onesie for the intergalactic funk party. Show up onesied-out with a friend and get 2-for-Onesies on single day passes for Friday’s main stage event. (You can show up anytime on Fri, not just for Polish’s set!)
Need more information not found in our festival guides? CLICK HERE and let us know on the Facebook event page. You can also shout us out via Twitter at @ContourFest or via Instagram at @ContourFestival.