Art is one of the pillars of Contour. We are happy to offer a range of free art based events Thursday-Sunday.
National Museum of Wildlife Art
Mix’d Media pairs up with the Contour Music Festival. Join musical acts Shaprece and Danny Corn Thursday from 6-pm, and view exhibitions like Ai Weiwei’s Zodiac Heads for a wonderful evening art and music. Take part in a collective larger-than-life mural inspired by Shelley Reed’s 47-foot-long artwork.
FREE SHUTTLE: The Jackson Hole Limo Lounge will shuttle guests to and from the museum at the top and bottom of the hours between 6-9 pm on Thursday, June 11 from the Mountain Trails Gallery parking lot, north of the Town Square.
Afterwards hit the town for a handful of free late night shows going on at The Town Square Tavern The Rose, Pinky G’s and The Silver Dollar Bar.
Center For the Arts/Art Garden
The Art Garden is an open invitation to interact with and co-create art. The Garden is meant to inspire wonder, allow for discussion and result in enjoyment. It is a family-friendly space for community connection and interaction. The Garden is designed for exploration and self-discovery, all while remaining completely free to the public over the course of the weekend.The Garden will open Thursday at 3pm.
Visit the information booth for daily activity schedules including educational workshops, yoga classes, speakers, musicians, and more! While the art is meant to be interacted with, please be respectful and do not climb on any sculptures that are roped off.
The Art Garden will close at 9pm each night, but will remain illuminated so that all may share in the creative vision as spectators, reveling in the beauty and wonderment of the Garden. Please respect the art and artists by not entering the Garden once closed.
The Art Garden would not be possible without the incredible support of The Center for The Arts and The Center Of Wonder. Thank you for believing in this vision that will grow in future years.
- “Art Fence” by Teton ArtLab
- “Confluence” by Bland Hoke, Jr.
- “The Homestead Lounge” by Annie and Sage Cattabriga-Alosa
- “Camera Obscura” by Bronwyn Minton
- “Sue” Elk Sculpture by Kurt Gowdey
- Daygazing by Wyoming Stargazing with telescopes
- Tea House and lanterns by Clayton Cartier, Jimmy Hartman, Jeff Stein and Mark DeOrsay. Tea by Persephone Bakery
- Mural by Ashely Montegue
YogaToday is pleased to present 5 FREE yoga classes for the Contour Music Festival. All-ages and levels are welcome. Classes will be accompanied by a DJ and will take place within the Festival Art Garden (on the lawn outside the Center for the Arts.) Indoor rainout venues will be available so participation is encouraged regardless of weather!
Friday, June 12th
- 10am class, Instructor: Adi Amar
- 4pm class, Instructor: Neesha Zollinger
Saturday June 13th
- 10am class, Instructor: Niki Sue Mueller
- 4pm class, Instructor: Sarah Kline
Sunday, June 14th
- 10 am class, Instructor: Jay Nel-McIntosh
Thursday, June 11th, 6-9pm
- Featured Artists: Camille Davis & Ed Lavino: Figures
- Opening Reception will take place on Thursday (5-9pm) in conjunction with the Contour Music Festival opening night Artwalk. Painter Camille Davis will show two series of portraits in oil. Photographer Ed Lavino will show recent figurative photographs.
- Located at 125 E. Pearl Street. The gallery can be accessed from Pearl Street by entering the building’s main entrance and going downstairs, or via the back of the building off of the alley between King and Willow.
- Featured artists: Barry Underwood, Katy Fox, Grace Davis
- Music: DJ ERA and DJ Tonight
- Location: 130 S Jackson Street
- website: www.tetonartlab.com
Grand Teton Art Gallery
- Featured Artist: Nicole Gaitan
- She was voted “Jackson Hole Best Emerging Artist 2015”.
- Music: DJ Vert One
- Food: Tapas provided by the Hatch Taqueria
- Whisky and vodka tastings from The Grand Teton Distillery
- Featured artists: Kiera will email jamie list of artists soon
- Music: Joshua McClain, Cello player from SF
- Artists currently on exhibit: Trent Mitchell, Iuna Tinta, Adam Haynes, Mike Parillo, Jamie Lynn, Jimmy Chin, Corey Smith, Andrew Miller
- Music: DJ Burba and MotorHomeMusic
- Address is 50 W Broadway in the Pink Garter Plaza
- Website: www.asymbol.co
Booty Luv® is a class designed to “shape what your mama gave ya™” with a combination of yoga, Pilates, kickboxing, barre, and “booty breakdowns™”. Set to original mixes by DJ Danny Corn, Booty Luv® gets your heart pumping and booty bumping!website: www.bootyluvfitness.com
Saturday and Sunday: 11am
FRI, 11:30 am: Bland Hoke, Jr. “Wings” artist talk and background/vision of the piece
Followed by: Thomas Macker from the Art Association, guiding a tour of the
Digital/Tech show that is currently inside: On/Off: Virtual Art in Real Life
SAT, 1pm: Joshua McClain, Indiegogo Crowdfunding talk
Joshua McClain works as a campaign strategist for Indiegogo and wants to speak to fellow musicians interested in raising funds for their next album, project, tour, music video. He has worked in the industry for two years and has coached hundreds of Indiegogo campaigns, including some of their $1m+ campaigns. He also ran a crowdfunding campaign to raise funds for a group he personally plays in.